Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
Deciding WHAT needs to be made, and WHEN it needs to be made to satisfy customer orders, is the job of Master Production Scheduling (MPS).
· Multiple demand sources.
· Flexible calendar creation and demand ranges.
· Item-specific and multiple forecasts.
· Centralized worksheets give precise control of demand and inventory levels.
· Group processing of MPS-generated orders automates the flow of instructions to both production and purchasing (for purchased end-items).
· Consolidate demand across facilities.