The Order Entry module generates, schedules, and maintains sales orders and sales order backlogs. Invoices are created automatically if linked to Accounts Receivable. Order Entry prints pick lists, UPS C.O.D. tags, and a wide variety of sales order analysis reports.
Features of Order Entry
• Generates and maintains recurring sales orders, bid orders, and estimates.
• Supports sales order returns.
• Quick re-order function.
• Creates orders from multiple inventory locations.
• Allows the user to issue and track items from lots received in manufacturing and Purchase Orders.
• Import/Export Sales Forecasts for manufacturing planning.
• Commission tiers allow for tracking against sales quotas based upon predefined sales goals.
• Commission calculations can be based upon salesperson or product line and calculated on orders shipped or paid, as well as on flat sales amounts or margins adjusted for returned items.
• Allows the user to enter drop-ship line items, create purchase orders for drop shipments, and track the status of all drop-ship orders.
• Supports blanket orders with individual sales orders released against the master order.
• Issues a warning during credit entry when a customer’s balance exceeds available credit.
• Warns the user when the inventory balance is insufficient to ship from inventory.
• Prints sales orders, C.O.D. tags, picking lists, and extensive backlog reports.
• Generates and maintains recurring sales orders and bids.
• Supports Order Entry returns.
• Unshipped or partially shipped line items can be edited.
• Supports ordering and inventory tracking of individual serialized items, lotted items, stores, and bins during sales order entry or shipment.
• Orders can be shipped from the Print, Preview, Ship, Continue dialog box while entering new orders.
• Sell items in different units of measure than what is stocked or purchased.
• Automatically allocates inventory as a sales order is entered.
• Sales order printout options can include detailed information such as lot number, serial number, location, and line item notes.
• Supports blanket orders that have quantity-limited contract pricing.
• Displays or prints 24-month customer and 36-month item sales histories, complete with graphs.
• Supports tax tables and tax rates for tax calculation based on state, county, and city.
• Supports multiple customer ship-to addresses with information such as tax rates, sales person, district, etc.
• Customer notes can be viewed at order entry.
• Real-time Business Status Report provides immediate status for open orders, period-to-date orders, uninvoiced shipments, and completed shipments.
• Provides online lookup of customer or inventory codes and information. Add new customers or inventory items during sales order entry.
• With appropriate privileges, users may override line-item prices.
• Supports data entry in multiple modules at the same time, which allows processing of an order entry and maintenance information simultaneously.
• Provides a cross-reference table for customer part number and descriptions available through inquiries, reports, and shipping paperwork.
• Provides search capabilities by customer number or inventory part number.
• Alternate case sizes or units of measure may be selected during order entry.
• A robust pricing system provides group column pricing, special customer/item pricing, and sale prices within a date range that may be reviewed during order entry.
• Generates custom orders automatically from the sales order.
• The 2-step billing feature separates the standard shipping routine into two processes to allow price reviews before billing.
Each report may be customized from a matrix of user-selected options, and may be displayed, printed, exported to a spreadsheet, faxed, e-mailed, or saved on disk. Available reports include:
• Business Status Report
• Open Orders
• Operations Summary
• Orders by Salesperson
• Orders by Picking List
• Orders Status Report
• Picking Tickets
• Sales Orders
• Sales Price List
• Customer Price List
• Commissions Due Report