The Advanced Scheduler application makes production scheduling simple, easy to understand, and is exceptionally user-friendly. With batch ticket color coding, and drag and drop features, scheduling is easy to set up, view, and change. Users have access to view or edit the batch ticket details directly from the scheduling screen. The Missing Components report can be generated after the schedule is created to confirm the batch tickets that can proceed to production.
• Batch tickets with shortages are highlighted when the schedule is loaded.
• Scheduler tracks the original customer-required date for optimum time performance.
• Multiple users are allowed to generate schedules at the same time.
• Schedule can be viewed in a variety of different options: time increments, multiple days, or multiple work centers.
• Batch tickets can be locked in the schedule to prevent movement within the schedule.
Work center reports provide a schedule to the line operators.
• Batch tickets can be scheduled outside of the normal work day; and non-work days can be made available when overtime is necessary.
• Equipment down time can be scheduled.
• Schedule over 24 hours.
• Move groups of batch tickets at one time to a different day or work center.