Accounts Payable (AP)
The Accounts Payable module creates checks; tracks credits, discounts, partial payments, and recurring obligations; and generates warning notices to help prevent losses, allowing the user to effectively manage business expenses. It includes numerous vendor and payable inquiries, and an extensive library of expense analysis reports.
Features of Accounts Payable
• Selects and calculates early payment discounts.
• Displays total accounts payable and approved-to-pay amounts.
• Allows partial payments on open invoices.
• Permits user-defined periods for aging payables.
• Alerts the user if vendor credit limits are exceeded.
• Allows application of open debit memos to selected invoices.
• Records and tracks credit card purchases to both the credit card company and the vendor.
• Check voiding capability streamlines processing for lost checks.
• Allows easy prioritization of invoice payments with as many as 14 priority levels.
• Vendors may be placed on payment hold, purchase hold, or both.
Allows an unlimited number of checking accounts.
• Creates invoices manually or matches them with received purchase orders.
• Creates pre-payments without creating an invoice.
• Allows non-check payments of invoices, such as wire transfers.
• Real-time Business Status Report provides immediate status for current balance, cash balance, net cash forecast, approved to pay, and period-to-date payable; payments and discounts/adjustments.
• Vendor URL and e-mail address support.
• Multiple remit-to addresses.
• Supports Value-Added Tax (VAT).
• Locates vendor records by full or partial vendor numbers, names, and telephone numbers on pick lists.
• Expanded bank reconciliation options include ability to import open financial exchange (OFX) files from banking institutions and color-enhanced screens for easier reconciliation.
• Flexible approve-to-pay feature allows easy selection of desired invoices based on user-defined criteria (vendor, discount date, invoice date, etc.).
• Separate 1099 closing: Continue to enter AP payments after year-end close.
• Print 1099s to laser printers (option to include 1099s above a minimum dollar amount).
• Produce 1099s for a previous year at any time (capability to file 1099s electronically).
• Close unbilled purchase orders.
• As-of Aging Reports provide the ability to specify a prior date and produce the report as of that date.
• Vendor records have an Active/Inactive status indicator.
• New expanded capabilities have been added to the Vendor Payment Terms Maintenance screen.
Each report may be customized from a matrix of user-selected options: displayed, printed, exported to a spreadsheet, faxed, sent by e-mail, or saved on disk.
Available reports include:
• Accounts Payable Aging (Past Due and Forecast)
• Accounts Payable Discount Report (Pending and Lost)
• Accounts Payable Journal
• Approved to Pay
• Bank Reconciliation
• Business Status Report
• Cash Requirements
• Check Register
• Checks (in user-defined top stub format)
• Credit Card Transaction Control Report
• Invoice Register
• Master Distribution Journal
• Unbilled Receipts Report
• Invoice Application Report