As a result of the broad “Best of Breed” offerings (both front and back office) contained on the Salesforce App Exchange, Rootstock has leveraged expertise and investments by financial software vendors. This has allowed Rootstock to quickly build the most complete suite of Manufacturing, Distribution and Supply Chain Applications (including powerful functionality such as Sales Order and Purchasing) available on the cloud. Alongside the robust Manufacturing, Distribution and Supply Chain Applications, Rootstock has built integrations to popular Accounting Applications both on and off the Cloud (listed below), with many others on the Rootstock product roadmap.
Although each Accounting System may differ in the depth and breadth of their offerings, ALL must offer the basic functionality of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, General Ledger (Journals) and the ability to generate accurate Financial Statements. In addition, Rootstock has sought to integrate with Financial applications that support our multi-company, multi-division, multi-site, multi-national, multi-currency and a multi-dimensional Chart of Accounts (providing the ability to track and report financial results by Project, Department, Sales Region, etc. while at the same time retain a simple Chart of Accounts) capabilities.
- To that end, Rootstock currently has built-in integration with the following Financial and Accounting Systems –
- FinancialForce is the “Top Accounting App on the Salesforce Platform” and, because it is 100% Native to the platform, Rootstock has been able to “seamlessly” integrate to their Accounting package.
- FinancialForce is a comprehensive accounting application built on the force.com Platform. It offers a full suite of Accounting features such as the ability to, in conjunction with Rootstock Manufacturing, have real-time visibility of your financial data, streamline your order to cash and procure to pay processes, allow for faster period closes (always in balance) and improved cash flow by providing the following key features…
- Accounts Receivable – Customer related transactions
- Accounts Payable – Vendor related transaction
- Cash Management – post cash receipts and process payments
- General Ledger and Budgeting – record transactions to the Accounting General Ledger reporting period-to-period financial results and against established budgets
- Analysis Dimensions – optional elements of some accounting codes that form part of the Chart of Accounts enabling use to analyze business activity in additional ways such as by Cost Center, Projects, Sales Regions, etc., at the same time while retaining a simple Chart of Accounts
- Budgeting – ability to track and report variances of actual period balances against budgeted amounts
- Multi-Currency – transact and report across multiple currencies, including managing exchange rates and auto generated, periodic currency revaluations on defined General Ledger Accounts
- Multi-Company – including Inter-company Transactions
- Accounting Launchpads – provides a “Workflow” like view of the various Accounting features with immediate access to the Application
- SF Platform features •Create Profiles, Roles and user-based dashboards, with drilldown from dashboards to transactions instantly
- Opportunities/Quotes – ability to create Sales Order and Sales Invoices automatically from existing Opportunities and Quotes
- Reports – chose from a library of available Report Templates, or easily create your own across the multiple Applications on your Org.
- Dashboards – as a Finance professional you can see a full picture of your Company’s financials through various dashboards. Either utilize a set of available Dashboards, or easily create your own. You can also drill-down into these reports for analysis if needed.
Intuit offers an expansive list of popular Accounting products, both Online and Desktop, with varying levels of functionality. Rootstock has developed “Integration” tools that facilitate the transfer of financial data across their product offerings.
- QuickBooks Online – Rootstock utilizes QuickBooks API’s (Application Programming Interfaces) to automatically creates the appropriate recording of the related financial transactions in the accounting system from a click of a button, such as…
- Journals to record all of the Cost Transactions
- Customer Invoices to record Accounts Receivable and associate Revenue, and to which to record cash receipts
- Vendor Bills (which have been matched valid Purchase Order (Price) and PO Receipt (Quantity) to record Accounts Payable and associated expenses and from which to pay vendors
- QuickBooks Desktop – since there are no API’s available to automate the transfer to the QuickBooks Desktop products, Rootstock has developed the following series of Export Programs (utilizing Intuits’ IIF file format) to facilitate the export of financial data to be then imported in the Accounting System…
- Export/Import of all Cost Transactions as Journals
- Export/Import of Sales Order Invoices as Invoices to record Accounts Receivable and associated Revenue, and to which to record cash receipts
- Export/Import PO Receipts to be recorded as Item Receipts in QuickBooks that can then be matched to a Vendor Bill, and then paid