Implementing a top enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is a critical investment for food and beverage manufacturers. An effective ERP manages everything from formula and recipe management to production scheduling, inventory control, quality assurance, and food safety compliance. Choosing the wrong solution can hamper efficiency and profitability.
This article compares 10 top ERP systems purpose-built for the unique needs of food and beverage producers to help identify the best choice for your business.
Each of these 10 food and beverage manufacturing ERP software systems offers its own set of tools to address the unique needs of process manufacturers. This group of ERP systems includes ERP software for meat processors, food and beverage companies, and more. What they have in common is high performance, flexibility, and dedication to the needs of their customers.
Key Selection Criteria for a Food Manufacturing ERP
When evaluating ERP solutions for your food or beverage manufacturing operation, focus on these key factors:
- Food safety and compliance features to adhere to regulations, requirements, and certifications like FSMA, GFSI, and HACCP.
- Production planning and scheduling optimized for process, batch, and formula-based manufacturing.
- Inventory management with batch/lot tracking, FEFO/FIFO, and warehouse management.
- Quality control and testing with integrated lab management and data collection.
- Demand forecasting and sales and operations planning are tailored towards production processes that involve formulas and ingredients, rather than assembly.
- Formulation management for recipes, ingredients, packaging specs, and costing.
- Real-time data collection and reporting for analysis and insights into all plant floor activities and across the supply chain.
Prioritizing these criteria will help you select the right ERP to maximize productivity, compliance, and profitability.
Related: Read our food and beverage ERP selection guide