Total ETO Summary
Total ETO is an ERP solution exclusively for Engineer to Order manufacturers. Previously known as Questica ETO, it was developed in collaboration with a group of engineer to order manufacturers for the sole purpose of serving engineer-to-order manufacturers. Because the application complements the ETO process so well, training and implementation is intuitive, quick and simple.
Total ETO covers everything from Sales to Delivery, even supporting warranties and downstream parts fulfillment. Each Project\Job can have a deeply nested dynamic BOM. Add-ins for SolidWorks and Inventor provide smooth 2‑way integration that eliminates duplicate entries. BOMs from any CAD system (including EPLAN, AutoCAD Electrical, CATIA, Creo, or Solid Edge) can also be imported easily. A unique hold and release feature gives unparalleled control and communication between your engineering and purchasing departments, allowing you to release parts, sub-assemblies or entire BOMs with just a click. Total ETO determines items you’ve already procured and lets you know what you still need.
The stress of Change Orders is eliminated with Total ETO. Buyers can immediately identify over-procured parts and materials so they can be cancelled before delivery, returned, or redirected to other projects. Fabrications can be tracked at any stage, whether they are being manufactured in-house, outsourced, or in combination. You will have full visibility into the procurement and delivery of all parts/materials across all projects, no matter the number of frequency of change orders.
Expediting is so efficient and quick that time will be freed up for staying on top of vendors, and negotiating better agreements. Spares and Parts Orders are easy and don’t require Engineering to lookup previous jobs and BOMs.
Total ETO handles difficult daily financial tasks with ease. It can integrateAR, AP and Payroll data from industry proven accounting solutions such as QuickBooks or Sage, allowing you to continue using financial systems you are familiar with. You no longer have to settle for using your ERP supplied accounting system. With Total ETO’s 200+ built in reports you can perform data analytics by slicing and dicing data any way you choose, including preliminary BOM estimates and Real Time committed Job Costing.
Streamlining the collection and tracking of labor costs is critical, and with Total ETO, users can log their own time, administrators can key it in or import it, or Total ETO can be integrated with any Time and Attendance system.
Total ETO Advantages
Total ETO is designed exclusively for engineer-to-order organizations. We understand that the needs of your Engineer to order shop are significantly different than any other type of manufacturing, even make to order shops, so your solution needs to be different. All of our clients are ETO design and build shops, so Total ETO fits your specific needs and is easy to learn and use.
- Rich integration with SolidWorks and Inventor, allowing you to design and synchronize many times over the course of a job.
- BOM imports with any CAD system, including AutoCAD Electrical, EPLAN, Catia, CREO or Solid Edge.
- Deeply nested and dynamic BOMs.
- Incredible control of which items are released to purchasing and which are not ready, so you can start buying long lead items and completed sub-assemblies earlier, giving you time to shop for best pricing and delivery.
- Streamlined communication between Engineering and purchasing departments.
- Buy items directly to the job.
- Expediting features allow you to stay on top of your vendors.
- Spares and Parts Orders can be completed without engineering involvement.
- Labor collection and timecards allows you to track your job labor costs accurately.
- Real time committed job costing, so you can keep track of your costs before it’s too late.
- QuickBooks integration means you can use the most popular and proven accounting system in the world instead of settling for an ERP supplied system, or you can keep your existing accounting system like Sage and let us integrate with it.