Farason Case Study by Total ETO ERP Software
The Company: About Farason
Located in Coatesville Pennsylvania, Farason builds flexible automation solutions.
Farason’s business is the genesis, evolution, and implementation of ideas to remove health hazardous, repetitive motions; create safer working environments; improve product quality, and boost production rates. Their goal is to provide their customers with higher operating efficiencies and increased overall net production.
The Situation: Streamline Unique Processes
Farason required a system to streamline the company’s unique business processes as a custom manufacturer of automation systems.
Farason was unhappy with their current enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and wanted to find one that was specific to the needs of their engineer-to-order business. They also needed a solution that could integrate with SolidWorks.
The Solution: Total ETO
Although a number of potential systems were investigated, only Total ETO was able to accommodate the individual project needs of Farason. Total ETO’s 20 years of experience working with Microsoft and SolidWorks meant that integration would be smooth and seamless.
The final factor in choosing Total ETO was the price. Farason was very pleased with how affordable the solution is for mid-sized custom manufacturers.
The Results: Total ETO Implementation Benefits
· Farason was able to implement and start using Total ETO very quickly and easily. Developed for the engineer-to-order industry, Total ETO is very intuitive and user-friendly, naturally mimicking the way custom design manufacturers run their business. The easy-to-use grid system efficiently sorts, groups, and filters data quickly so that information can easily be accessed.
· Total ETO has true 3D CAD integration capabilities. Its unique “hold and release” system provides designers with unparalleled control on the release of BOM items and assemblies to purchasing.
· Through seamless integration with SolidWorks, Total ETO further streamlines the engineering process, ensuring that BOMs can be linked to specific projects and adjusted as the designs change.
· Farason has been impressed with the exemplary service and support. “The support received by Total ETO is equal to if not greater than the benefit of the application itself”, states Parts and Service Manager, Nate Hinks.
· Catering to the small to mid-sized custom design manufacturers, Farason found Total ETO to be the most affordable engineer to order software available on the market.
· Farason designers can create BOMs quickly, have the confidence to release data frequently, and dynamically integrate with purchasing, eliminating previous bottlenecks. Farason has seen a very tangible cost savings of one full-time employee.