Kamco Plastics Case Study for Plex Manufacturing ERP
- A stamping company implements ERP from the Plex Manufacturing Cloud in under six months with no disruptions to production or customer deliveries
- The stamper replaces a dozen systems with one integrated solution, providing real-time information
- The company no longer needs internal systems maintenance, redeploying 50 percent of IT staff to more strategic activities
- Integrated traceability enables users to accomplish in a few mouse clicks what once involved 30 minutes of work
- Plex Cloud ERP reduces energy consumption and monthly IT maintenance costs by 15 percent
None of the separate systems interfaced with the others efficiently, and it was a challenge to maintain and support the patchwork of IT solutions – many of which necessitated manual processing or double data entry with spreadsheets and databases.
There is no longer a need for full time data entry clerks or label printing associates since real time Production Reporting and Inventory seamlessly integrates with customer shipping EDI requirements and other enterprise planning methods.
Line side labels are automatically generated at the production work centers, which has helped the KAMCO team improve Honda label accuracy by over 95%.
Concludes Brown, “The automated operations now possible with Plex Online improve every part of our operations. Benefits cut across integrated modules like Maintenance Module with built in work request and supply parts tracking; Time and Attendance; Human Resources; Safety; tracking training; and other modules like electronic document control system and document approval work flow within Plex Online.”
“We look forward to achieving additional improvements with Plex Online Advanced Supplier Quality Module and Program Management for Engineering; and hopefully someday implementing the system at our parent company in Japan.”
Learn more about Plex Systems ERP.