Gill Industries Case Study by Plex Manufacturing Cloud ERP
About The Company
Gill Industries is a world-class supplier of advanced mechanisms and welded assemblies
- Relied on QuickBooks and spreadsheets to manage the business and production so information was dispersed or out of date.
- Acquired a company and needed to standardize on a single ERP with the ability to centralize operational data.
- New executive leadership wanted performance metrics across the entire company for all eight facilities.
- Legacy ERP system required heavy IT resources and maintenance/upgrades with limited IT staff.
- Standardized all 8 facilities in U.S., Mexico, and Ireland on the Plex Manufacturing Cloud as its single source of the truth.
- Streamlined over 600 differences in Plex settings down to 30 after first phase of standardization initiative.
- Reallocated IT staff to more value-added business activities instead of maintaining system and servers.
- Records production and quality checks in real-time, enabling Gill industries to maintain high quality standards.
Results & Benefits
What made the Plex Manufacturing Cloud an attractive ERP system for Gill Industries to standardize on was the fact that it didn’t require a lot of IT heavy lifting to maintain.
“Plex’s cloud-based infrastructure has definitely alleviated the pressure on my team,” said Edler.
His team can now focus on more important long-term projects rather than on keeping servers up and running. Edler also thinks Plex offers an easier experience for users.