Financial Management for Oracle E-Business Suite
Financial Management Module
Oracle General Ledger
Oracle General Ledger provides highly automated financial processing. It can import and post 42 million journal lines per hour, making it the fastest and most scalable general ledger on the market. It also provides tools for effective management control and real-time visibility to financial results — everything you need to meet financial compliance and improve your bottom line.
Features & Benefits
- Gain Efficiencies with Highly Automated Financial Processing: Automate journal processing for recurring and allocation journals. Convert and load raw data from external systems or upload mass journal entries via spreadsheets. Run posting, reporting, translation, and consolidation processes in parallel to accelerate reporting time.
- Establish and Maintain Superior Internal Controls: Guarantee data integrity with a single ledger to manage all financial information. Actual, budget, summary, foreign currency, statistical and average balances are automatically synchronized, rendering reports immediately available and always accurate. Mandatory checks and balances prevent the occurrence of out-of-balance situations. The chart of accounts can be customized to best fit your company’s needs, and is used to control information access.
- Increase Enterprise Visibility: Increase visibility into performance by investigating and reconciling balances online. Drill down to any level of detail including detail balances, journals, and the underlying subledger transactions — all from a single drill path. Oracle Applications Desktop Integrator provides a desktop-based extension of Oracle General Ledger to analyze financial statements, create budgets, upload conversion rates, create reports, and more.
- Capitalize on Global Opportunities: Capture and report on any number of currencies from the balance level to the subledger transaction level. Currency conversion, revaluation, remeasurement, and translation are all performed in accordance with local and international accounting standards.
- Improve Financial Services Profitability: Robust average balance functionality comes standard in Oracle General Ledger to allow companies in the financial services industry to perform sophisticated transfer pricing and profitability analysis calculations to comply with regulatory reporting requirements. Oracle General Ledger is also integrated with the Oracle Financial Services Applications.
Oracle Payables improves margins, instills corporate and fiscal discipline, and optimizes business relationships.
Features & Benefits
- Lower Costs: Automate invoice processing using a variety of tools including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), XML messages, Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS) and business-to-business e‑commerce. Control cash flow, minimize errors, and eliminate inefficiencies by using specialized payment tools.
- Instill Corporate and Fiscal Discipline: Enforce business rules to lower exposure to fraud, error, and unauthorized payments. Automate the routing and approval of invoices according to the unique requirements of your business. Leverage joint controls with other E‑Business products such as Oracle Purchasing and Oracle General Ledger.
- Improve Business Relationships: Oracle Payables works with iSupplier Portal to help suppliers enter and check the status of their own invoices. Employees also benefit from Oracle Payables when it is used with Oracle Internet Expenses to provide employees with multiple ways to submit expense reports.
- Grow Globally: International business requirements including foreign-currency transactions, global tax regimes, and future dated payments can be easily managed. To meet country-specific statutory requirements, Oracle Payables supports automated calculation and accounting of partially recoverable and non-recoverable value-added tax, sales and use tax, withholding tax, and regional and local taxes.
Oracle Asset Tracking
Oracle Asset Tracking is an asset lifecycle management application that provides tracking, visibility and control of dispersed assets for capital-intensive companies. Oracle Asset Tracking maximizes asset utilization and return on investment by automatically synchronizing the operational and physical events of assets with the financial updates in Oracle Assets.
As part of the Oracle E‑Business Suite, Oracle Asset Tracking offers tight integration with other products to provide a comprehensive, reliable and efficient asset lifecycle tracking application. This enterprise-wide integration helps achieve a single source of truth for enterprise assets while reducing the total cost of ownership.
Features & Benefits
- Improve Asset Visibility with a Global Asset Repository: Oracle Asset Tracking integrates with Oracle’s other operational and financial products to offer a comprehensive, reliable, and efficient asset lifecycle tracking application, along with complete transaction auditing.
- Streamline Asset Creation and Updates to Assets: Oracle Asset Tracking provides integration and synchronization with Oracle Assets. This integration automates mass additions, cost updates, and asset transfers, thereby significantly reducing the amount of manual intervention required to maintain financial accuracy along with physical tracking.
- Asset Deployment: A single transaction can deploy multiple assets at different locations with full or partial quantities, or alternatively, users can deploy a single, specific asset. Oracle Asset Tracking offers self-service asset deployment, allowing users to perform deployment transactions such as install, in-service, out of service, or asset moves.
- Asset Transfers by Internal Sales Order: Oracle Asset Tracking supports all asset transfers between internal organizations. Assets can be moved by various operational transactions, such as inter-organization transfer and internal sales order transfer.
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (eAM) Integration: Asset maintenance history is necessary for effective asset management. Integration with the global asset repository enables an asset to be simultaneously tracked by Oracle Asset Tracking and maintained by Oracle Enterprise Asset Management.