Production Management for Oracle E-Business Suite
Production Management Module
Oracle Production Scheduling
Oracle® Production Scheduling, designed for schedulers by schedulers, enables you to take control of your production scheduling problem, and helps you to maximize shop floor throughput while optimizing resource investment. You can optimize the usage of your critical resources, calculate realistic and feasible schedules that the shop floor can execute, and easily determine the schedule that best meets your objectives. In addition, you can leverage the out-of-the-box integration with the Oracle E‑Business Suite (discrete, process, and lot-based manufacturing) to implement quickly and obtain immediate value.
Features & Benefits
- Maximize throughput of bottleneck resources: Simultaneously consider capacity and calendar constraints on machines, crews and tools with automatic floating bottleneck detection to optimally schedule your shop floor. Create feasible schedules using sequence dependent setup minimization and campaign run optimization.
- Improve shop floor performance: Schedulers can minimize the effect of unplanned downtime, easily identify exceptions, and use a powerful drag-and-drop scheduling workbench to quickly adjust schedules.
- Quickly determine the best production schedule: Fast easy simulation enables your schedules to quickly compare scenarios and key performance indicators before deciding which schedule to release for execution. Planners can also review both planned and actual production orders to make their decisions.
- Implement quickly by leveraging out-of-the-box integration: Production Scheduling is fully integrated with the Oracle E‑Business Suite, enabling you to start quickly by leveraging existing setup. It supports discrete, process, and lot-based manufacturing without the need for extensive configuration.
Oracle Project Costing provides a completely integrated cost management solution for all projects and activities across your enterprise, with the ability to cross currency and organizational boundaries. Line managers are empowered with timely, detailed cost information to monitor project performance in a format that optimizes their productivity — while financial managers track the total cost of running the business.
Features & Benefits
- Monitor Project Performance: Utilize timely, integrated cost information to assure project execution meets expectations.
- Capitalize on Global Opportunities: Link dispersed project teams to meet work demands.
- Drive Enterprise Profitability: Enable activity-based and project-based management capabilities to improve cost performance.
- Evaluate Expenditures: Compare expenditures to forecasts, budgets, and revenue to track progress and profitability
Oracle Shop Floor Management
Oracle Shop Floor Management enables comprehensive, real-time management of shop floor activities, including complex lot transactions, dynamic routing, end-to-end genealogy of products, and modeling and tracking of operation yield costs. A single repository of shop floor information helps ensure the continuum between planning, scheduling, and execution.
Features & Benefits
- Manage Complex Lot Transactions: Split or merge lots. Update lot name, product, routing, and quantity. Enable bonus lot creation.
- Track Lot Genealogy: Track products back to raw materials. Enable backward or forward genealogy “surfing.”
- Enable Dynamic Routing: Determine routing dynamically, depending on process needs or resource availability. Gain ability to jump to any operation.
- Integrate Planning and the Shop Floor: Support lot-based jobs and operation yields. Schedule orders with network routing. Gain CO-product planning capabilities.
- Gain Yield-Based Operational Costing: Accurately measure operation yield levels, yielded cost of products, and cost variance at operations. Support standard costing methods.