Production Management for Microsoft Dynamics AX
Bill of Materials Module
The Bill of Materials (BOM) module in Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system features a graphical BOM designer for creating and managing BOMs quickly and easily. The enterprise resource planning solution’s familiar, user-friendly environment based on Microsoft’s drag-and-drop technology simplifies BOM construction by offering a graphical tree structure that displays all levels of components. Bill of Materials fully integrates with Master Planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX providing a more accurate lead time in production scheduling.
Obtain the most accurate costing and materials requirements information for flexible and efficient management of BOMs. Calculate consumption of raw materials with component-specific formulas. Perform price calculations based on cost price on each BOM level for comprehensive and accurate pricing information; calculation results are then updated throughout the system.
The Bill of Materials module in Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP solution offers the following features:
- Complete integration with the entire Microsoft Dynamics AX solution.
- Drag and drop relevant items from the inventory table into the BOM with the BOM Designer.
- Effectively manage 40 BOM levels.
- Access and reuse previous BOM versions.
- Phase out and replace components as needed with Version Control.
- Create quantity-dependent BOMs for end products that require different quantities.
- Produce sub-BOMs at multiple sites.
- Create phantom BOMs to calculate materials requirements and simplify BOM setup and maintenance.
- Include services and items on BOMs.
Key Production Features Module
Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP software for manufacturing helps to monitor, streamline, and control the entire production cycle for component, subassembly, and whole-system manufacturing. Boost control of procedures and projects. Real-time insights into production processes help to reduce time to market and facilitate quick responses to meet changing customer demands. Optimize production flow with effective planning, maximize resource utilization, and provide expedient delivery performance with the enterprise resource planning solution. Better manage and plan production to meet tight schedules and delivery demands in a demand-driven environment.
Key features of the Production module in Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP solution include the following:
- Fully integrates with the entire Microsoft Dynamics AX solution.
- Generates production of specific Bills of Material (BOMs) for each configured item.
- Models complex products.
- Helps to organize relevant tasks, tools, and information in a personalized format with specialized Role Centers.
- Delivers real-time, integrated Work in Progress (WIP) views of actual costs.
- Offers immediate item configuration based on customer input.
- Provides configuration details on printed order documents with Axapta Document Handling feature.
- Generates item numbers based on model variables.
- Allows flexible price calculations based on percentages, fixed amounts, or specific variables.
- Offers the ability to select a preferred language in the user-dialogue setup window.
- Allows data to be reused from previous configurations.
- Helps to minimize delays with drag-and-drop rescheduling options.
- Delivers tight control over every aspect of the production floor with Bottleneck Scheduling.
- Offers maximum flexibility with finite or infinite capacity scheduling.
Product Builder Module
Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP Product Builder streamlines the ordering, planning, and production of customized products. Items can be configured based on a sales order, sales quotation, project quotation, purchase order, production order, item requirement, or a set of predefined modeling variables for each item. Customers and employees can configure complex products online or via a Microsoft Windows client.
Drag-and-drop technology of the enterprise resource planning solution’s interface simplifies the product manufacturing process. Configurable options can be defined according to such variables as size, color, materials, or customer’s individual requirements.
Product Builder integrates with other modules in the solution such as Master Planning, Production Planning, and Sales and Purchasing to help deliver customized products faster and more cost-effectively. Product Builder helps to efficiently manage product specifications by automatically defining BOMs during product configuration with real-time updates.
The Product Builder module in Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP solution includes the following features:
- Solution-wide integration for real-time pricing and delivery calculations.
- Immediate item configuration based on user-input.
- Drag-and-drop interface functionality.
- Wizard technology with menus and options for user-friendly product building.
- 24⁄7 access for customer product configuration.
- Up-to-the-moment pricing and delivery information automatically reflected during configuration.