Microsoft Dynamics NAV Summary
Microsoft Dynamics NAV, formerly Microsoft Dynamics Navision, provides growing small and midsize manufacturing businesses a robust, comprehensive, and cost-effective ERP software solution to support manufacturing processes.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system gives manufacturing businesses greater control over supply chains, production lines, corporate financials, and overall operations. With a simple and fast implementation process, MS Dynamics NAV can be up and running in a very short time.
Manufacturers can now better drive success and achieve goals with Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP software suite, an integrated, adaptable business management solution that streamlines and automates business processes. Microsoft Dynamics NAV also delivers business intelligence and robust reporting by connecting customers, employees, and partners across a worldwide global marketplace. Flexible, with an easy-to-use intuitive design, Microsoft Dynamics NAV provides the tools necessary to fuel business productivity and enable confident decision-making with the ability to respond quickly to new marketplace opportunities.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Advantages
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Manufacturing ERP Software helps organizations accomplish more every day with Role Centers that provide access to relevant information, tasks, and business processes.
• Role Centers provide a single, integrated view of the information and activities most relevant to user’s roles, helping to organize and prioritize work, and to manage tasks quickly and effectively.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with access to Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Office Excel, and Microsoft Office Word from your Role Center, making it easy to find, use, and share information.
• Access improved context-based Help that provides descriptions and explanations in a clear “how-to” format.
• Individualized user experience, via personalized menus and shortcuts, grants access to common tasks more directly and efficiently. Get up to speed right from the start with a familiar, intuitive, and user-friendly experience.
• Minimize training costs and accelerate productivity from the start with software that looks and feels like other Microsoft products and technologies.
• Work more efficiently with quick access to information and processes through action panes, easy-to-locate commands, improved access to lists, look-up windows, drill-back and inquiry tools, and custom links to applications and Web sites. Enable users to make fast, informed decisions based on real-time business intelligence.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Technology
Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP Software is largely developed on a .NET architecture and runs on Windows OS with MS SQL Server as its database. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is offered as either an on-premise installation or software as a service (SaaS) cloud delivery.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV enterprise resource planning software setup and configuration are user-friendly by the use of wizards and sequential routines. Use wizards for creating setup configurations for security permissions, maintenance, auditing with role-based security features, and to remember user and company settings.
- RoleTailored Client (RTC) can be configured specifically for each user to show all the features, tasks, reminders, and documents needed to efficiently and productively streamline the day’s work.
- C/FRONT enables easy sharing of information from Microsoft Dynamics NAV into familiar programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) allow two-way communication between Microsoft NAV and other third party software via an ODBC connection.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV XMLport objects allow system administrators to import data into NAV in an XML format for a streamlined way of exchanging information.
- Extensible web services allow for real-time data sharing and the integration of business processes across disparate business applications: The Web Services Layer connects with the Business Services Layer to provide security, policy validations, defaulting, and exception management. These two layers then interact with the Business Logic and Persistence Layer within eConnect providing reliable and secure integration solutions.
- Extensible business reporting language (XBRL), an XML-based protocol, uses customary financial reporting criteria to export across many financial software products and technologies.
- Transact-SQL stored procedures, the database language that manages the ERP software application and database, is built to allow financial reporting to be consumed in multiple languages and formats. Financial information is imported automatically without the need for manual entry.
- The software customization capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics NAV allows users to make simple or complex modifications without extensive IT involvement due to its technology architecture and secure integration with the Microsoft technology stack (including SQL Server, .NET, Windows Workflow Foundation, etc.).Some of the software development tools that allow for customization to the Dynamics NAV ERP software are an application builder, which allows for additional functionality to be built, but does not allow access to the write-protected tables; a page and form designer, which allows the creation of up to 100 forms and objects and gives customization options of new menu items; a dataport designer that permits access to write-protected tables, the creation of business rules and new calculations, and the ability to customize reports; a solution developer, which permits complete development control and the merging of menus and new data types that can be integrated into the base ERP application; a table designer that allows users to customize multiple styles of reports or tables for organizational or individual user needs; and an XML port designer that allows for the customization of XMLport objects.