Additional Capabilities for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Additional Capabilities Module
Business Intelligence publisher tool reduces the high cost of producing, customizing, and maintaining business documents. Built on the open XSLFO standard, it provides a full range of reporting capabilities, including charts, formulas, watermarks, and graphics. Using a set of familiar desktop tools, users can create and maintain their own report formats based on data extracts from JD Edwards EnterpriseOne reports.
- Authoring tools — quickly design report formats using Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word
- Report outputs — transform data into common formats including PDF, XML, EDI, and RTF
- Language support — translate report layouts into different languages
- Integration with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne — increases the efficiency of report creation and maintenance
- Built on open standards — protects reports and data
Employee Self Service
Employee Self Service provides employees with online access to HR, payroll, and life management information and functions, putting much of the day-to-day record keeping and career development responsibilities in their own hands. Designed for organizations with limited IT resources, it reduces the cost of managing your workforce and enables your HR staff to focus on more strategic activities.
- Quick to install and easy to maintain, it provides a rapid return on your technology investment
- Highly configurable to your organization’s needs
- Enables employees to maintain their own records and empowers them to support their own career development
- Enables employees to handle a wide range of administrative functions, including timecard entry, benefits enrollment or changes, vacation requests, and personal profile and W4 updates
- Predefined policies and procedures assure central, secure management of information
- Provides an open forum between employees and managers by automating activities, such as employee reviews and career planning
Human Resources Management
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Human Resources Management is a comprehensive application for managing your entire employee lifecycle. It streamlines routine activities and brings consistency and accuracy to HR processes and procedures, including workforce planning, benefits administration, employee development, and competency management. By effectively managing the day to day business of HR data management and compliance reporting, it enables you to focus on more strategic tasks.
- Maintain a current database of employee skill sets and competencies as well as information on outside applicants
- Eliminate annual compensation spreadsheets with the Compensation Workbench, as easy-to-use automated planning tool
- Track recruitment data, such as where you are finding employees, how long they stay, qualifications, and costs of recruitment
- Collaborate with accounting to better plan, monitor, and control hiring budgets
- Simplify the employee evaluation process with automatic alerts to managers and employees about scheduled performance reviews
- Help managers assess discrepancies between employees’ expected and actual performance with built-in competency gap analysis tools
- Establish and manage benefits programs
Manager Self Service
Manager Self Service allows managers online, real-time access to the tools and information they need to oversee almost every aspect of their employees’ careers, including pay, time off, performance, and professional development. By streamlining managerial tasks, eliminating paperwork, and minimizing the need for HR involvement, you can control costs, improve productivity, and provide greater access to important business data and processes.
- Streamlined performance review process includes automatic notification of upcoming reviews and online performance appraisals
- Competency review and gap analysis capabilities give both managers and employees a clear idea of strengths and weaknesses
- Compensation management tools simplify compensation review by providing managers with approved pools of money for salary increases and recommendations for distribution
- Web-based management of organizational structure, vacation requests, and employee information eliminate paperwork and improve efficiency
- Automated workflows streamline the new-hire process by initiating tasks, such as ordering computers and phones and creating user IDs and passwords
Time and Labor
Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Time and Labor enables you to capture employees’ time in real time to create daily billing and/or daily project costs. It automatically sends accurate time reporting data to payroll, eliminating duplicate entry. Unique integrations, offered only by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Time and Labor, support other business processes, such as equipment maintenance, manufacturing, time entry, and work order execution
- Improved access to time and labor information enables you to better monitor and control direct job costs
- Personalize time entry forms, using default values and real-time edits, for quick and efficient data entry
- Powerful rules engine enables you to generate overtime timecards for a defined group of employees
- Automatically accounts for and bills employees’ labor to the appropriate jobs, projects, and customers, even to multiple accounts
- Multicurrency functionality enables you to pay employees in one currency and bill customers for labor costs in another
- Generate timecards that can be pre-populated with information, such as work orders, cost center, job, pay, and billing rates.